Friday, August 9, 2013

Rosé of the day - Friday August 9, 2013

Tasting notes: This is a wine with an intense, aromatic expression on the nose -- with a bouquet of red fruits, strawberries and a floral touch. On the palate, it shows remarkable balance between the freshness and the aromatic complexity. The finish echos of raspberries and fresh cut herbs.

An intense raspberry pink colour and aromas of berry fruits. Lots of summer fruit flavours and body. Perfect outdoor summer wine for everyday drinking. - See more at: http://www.fromvineyardsdirect.com/wine/pellehaut.php#sthash.2XqkZFAd.dpuf
An intense raspberry pink colour and aromas of berry fruits. Lots of summer fruit flavours and body. Perfect outdoor summer wine for everyday drinking. - See more at: http://www.fromvineyardsdirect.com/wine/pellehaut.php#sthash.2XqkZFAd.dpuf
Varietals Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Tannat

Region: Cotes de Gascone, France

Thursday's answer:
Link to yesterdays puzzle in place on Facebook, check. Ok, lets get down to business

The Beyerly's were busy again yesterday working their way through a picture which was not in line with the rest of the week up until then. Big brother Mark (follow me gang) Beyerly was the first to start breaking it down and sinmply wrote "NOT pizza? Hmmm." notice that first word is all capitals (a meesage to the family and others to be careful I'm sure). His detective work had started.

Chefmichaelatyourservice was the previous days hero and followed with his feedback and guess "Been working too much, got to get out there in Fairfield more. Based on the "clue" above, I will say "The Black Angus" on BRT." I am sorry to say that the answer wasn't right this time but it did help to throw the Beyerly clan off the scent so I was grateful for his attempt.

Next up, The Beyerly's jumped in... First we heard from Kevin (I'll handle this) Beyerly who chimed in with "The Angus Steakhouse... No pizza, not even a mere flatbread!" Oh good, the hook is set, lets let them run with this a bit before we reel them in. Hee, heee... and right behing him was Jackie (my husband is so smart) Beyerly with her quip "I wonder if they have red pepper flakes????" Oh yes, by now I'm really beginning to enjoy this. The only thing that could go wrong now is...

Drat, ... he's back! Mark (I had better take the wheel) Beyerly quickly uses one of his coded answers to get everyones head going in a different direction with "Good guess Chef, but I think they did the Angus a while back, and I'm guessing they're not doing repeats." (Hmmm, there is truth to that but we actually did repeat one, on purpose, do you know what it was?) "I think I've figured this out, but I'm going to let this fire smolder a bit before I call in someone to put it out. Maybe someone else will figure it out." Dang gum it, he's on to us! there goes my fun for the day.

And the answer is Yes!... The good chef, Chefmichaelatyourservice chimed back in after that and reach out with a fun little diddy of his own "Mark, could the clue be the STALLA sign ??? A place that has something to do with Marlon Brando who played Stanley Kowalski in A Streetcar Named Desire..... (you are sooo lucky you came back and fixed the spelling, I could have had some fun with that too).

Finally, Sandy This looks like a job for mom) Beyerly and put it all to rest as she reeled them all in and let everyone know what Daddy was hinting at with "Oh - men! It's the Firehouse Deli...right?" and of course when Sandy gets involved thing seem to get on track quickly. Nicely done, Sandy, nicely done.


Kevin (I'm not ready to give up on my first guess) Beyerly was the last to put something up when this morning he said "Bummer, no pizzas on that menu either" Kevin, lets get it together, Big brother Mark is watching. The pizza was a red herring and today will not include pizza either. 

Lets finish the week strong everyone! Who has the answer?

No comments:

Post a Comment