Monday, July 8, 2013

Rosé of the day - Monday July 8, 2013

La Remise de la Mordorée, Rosé  2012 $15.99

Tasting notes: Light salmon color. A fresh and very pleasing wine revealing light aromas and flavors of red berries and dried cherry. It shows more minerals than fruit and offers an especially dry, crisp finish.

Varietals: Merlot, Marselan

Region: Southern Rhone, france


Friday's answer:
Leave it to me to predict what will be the harder ones... Once again I thought that Friday's would be difficult for everyone and one again I was... err,... not entirely correct. (Trying to save face right off because Mark [I know everything] Beyerly was involved Friday).

Chefmichaelatyourservice got things started early with a simple and matter of fact answer,  "St. Emery's Church on King's Hwy". Which of course was correct. 

Steve Melnick was next and said "This one is easy ( I think)! St. Anthony's on South Pine Creek", We are glad you put in the caveat because it wasn't as easy as you had thought. In this case St Anthony's was not our answer but I think this was your first slip up so we'll move on and give you a chance to redeem yourself with the next one.

Mark (I'm exhausting) Beyerly chimed in with  "A Hungarian wine might have been more appropriate for this shot.....The statue of St Francis is a clue to this church's history - originally founded and run by the Franciscans up until 2011. Chef Michael is correct, St Emery Church on Kings Highway East" 
Blah, blah blah... 
Guess what Maaarrkk, we don't have a Hungarian Rosé! (not sure if I should be boasting about that but it is true this year) So pipe down

Maryhelen Melnick, any relationship to Steve? was next and she correctly answered "St. Emery's church,Fairfield,ct"

Finally,  Janice Balint Monteleone wrote "My friend Dodi Hesse, guessed "in front of St. Emery's" We were both baptized there!!" She and Dodi have been life long friends who met in Kindergarten if you can believe it. Jan shared the post on her page and Dodi replied there.

Ok, lets get this week going strong! I am predicting that there will be a large number of people that will get this one and my guess is that the first correct answer will be put up within minutes of the post. Lets see if I am right at least once with a prediction.

No comments:

Post a Comment