Friday, July 12, 2013

Rosé of the day - Friday July 12, 2013

 
 Mas Carlot Rosé 2012 $10.99

Tasting notes: This is a gorgeous Rosé, loaded with wonderfully intermingled flavors of strawberries and graced by hints of spring flowers and spice. It's lush on the palate, with a long, harmonious finish.

Varietals: 60% Grenache and 40% Syrah

Region: Costieres de Nimes, france

Thursday's answer: As usual, I predicted that there would be no answer and the correct answer did come. Not only was it answered correctly but it happened early in the day. Alexander Dacey jumped in first and I could smell blood in the water when he put up "Poster's Hardware?". Alexander has become a pretty solid player over the past few weeks and has had a number of correct answers but this one was a swing and a miss. We did Posters a couple of weeks back and I felt like it was going to be a long day for anyone playing along. That feeling lasted about an hour until Todd Goodfellow simply wrote "Fairfield electric" and spoiled my fun. Leave it to a tradesman to put it so simply and undo what was supposed to be a very difficult clue. Nicely done Mr. Goodfellow.

Chefmichaelatyourservice chimed in next and said "Have to put on my "thinking" cap for this one..." and then he faded into the day. Is it me Chef? Did I miss a veiled clue? I see the 'thinking' in quotations but I can't seem to figure it out. What gives? Speaking of clues, Mark (riddle me another) Beyerly put  one up that had me thinking too... "shocking" - this is a tough one! was his answer and although many times when he answers it is either very precise or has enough in the riddle that I know he has it. This time I was a little unsure as to how sure he was. Ok you two, What gives?
 
And finally...Eric Gunnar Sundman joined in for the first time and answered "Coopers". If Chef and Mark didn't confuse me enough, this one put me over the top. Be prepared to explain Mr. Sundman the next time I see you in the store I will be asking you to help me with this one.
 
So my lesson learned for the day is to keep my mouth shut and wait to see what you guys can do because everytime I make a prediction I am wrong anyway and now the tables have gotten so turned that I don't know which way is up. Nice job by all of you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment