Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Rosé of the day - Wednesday June 12, 2013





Clue: Figaro, Figaro, Figaro.... It's --- ----- -- --------



Domaines Ott Les Domaniers 2012 $19.99

Tasting notes: This Rose has a salmon-pink color and a citrusy nose, with a dominant aroma of strawberries. A full-bodied, fresh taste opens out onto hints of fresh fruit. Well-balanced, round and crisp.

Varietals: Grenache, Cinsault, and Syrah

Region: Côtes de Provence, France

Menu: Domaniers Rose will be a delicious companion to delicatessen meats, poultry, white meats, fish, Provencal and Asian dishes.

Monday's answer: Yesterday proved to be easy for some and more difficult for others. It just goes to show that I have no idea what I am talking about when it comes to this game. In my mind yesterday was going to take some time and effort, there wouldn't be a quick answer on this one, and of course I was wrong. Mark (The Riddler) Beyerly jumped in with a clue filled answer which was followed by Alexander Dacey within a few seconds. If only Alexander could have hit that "post" button a little quicker I would have been able to chuckle at my nemesis for the day knowing that while he was crafting his answer someone else simply put it up. Curses!
In the end the correct answer was posted in a couple of fashions and it was of course  Urban's Benson and Post Auto inc. We also had Tom Bauder chime in for the first time with "citco gas across the street from you", a good guess but I'm sorry to say, not the right one this time. Try with us again Tom, I suspect you will have better luck.
Today's is a fun one and although I never sat in this seat as a kid, I would be willing to bet there were many local men that did as a child and will remember it fondly. Lets see how it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment