Monday, June 17, 2013

Rosé of the day - Monday June 10, 2013

Domaine Eugene Carrel Vin De Savoie Rose 2012 $10.99
 
Tasting notes: The indigenous varietals and surprisingly warm weather produces a rose with a delicate mousse that carries aromas of ripe, aromatic red berry and blood orange. The refreshing and persistent finish is quintessential Jongieux.
 
Varietals: 80% Gamay/10% Pinot Noir/10% Mondeuse

Region: Vin De Savoie sub-region, Savoy Region, France
Menu:pairs well with a wide range of lighter fare including grilled vegetable panini, charcuterie, summer salads and more!

Friday's answer: Joe Worthington was first to chime in on Friday with Blackhorse Garage which, if you know the place and what it looks like, is a fair enough guess. Blackhorse is in Bridgeport though and this is about Fairfield so we won't be headed there for this.
Hugh Anderson was next with "Classic Car Gallery ( The name is in the picture)". So, as I explained, Renzo (or Enzo), was away last week and I took this picture. I am apparently not as adept at this as he is and showed it on my very first attempt. Oh well, this week we got him back.
Next to put something up was Chefmichaelatyourservice and he was over at Heritage Square but he was off track this time. Becoming a player aren't you Chefmichaelatyourservice? Stay with it, I see potential.
 
Finally Mark (Spell check) Beyerly came by to agree with Hugh and let me know that in fact I had blown it. My only saving grace is that he blew it too and I write these things so I get to remind him twice in this update that he isn't as perfect as we thought (make that 3 times).
 
Today is a great one by Renzo! I think that it is a very difficult one to get things going this week but he has a couple of great visual clues in the picture and one apparent clue that really threw me off this time. When I went to get this one set up I had lots of ideas about how he should do this one and what angle he should use. When he got back I was not in love with what he came up with until I really started analyzing it and realized how brilliant it was. All I can say is good luck on a Monday morning! This one should have people thinking for some time today.
At least that is what I think. We'll see how you do.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment