Thursday, June 13, 2013

Rosé of the day - Thursday June 13, 2013

Domaine de Gournier Rosé 2012 $9.99

Tasting notes: The fruit is harvested expressly to craft rose, and is vinified in stainless steel tanks to optimize the primary flavors of the grapes. Brightly colored, the explosive red berry fruits in the nose and on the palate are accented by notes of spice & a touch of earth. Fresh and lively, this beautiful dry Provencal-style Rose is a great addition to the already well recognized Domaine de Gournier line up.

Varietals: Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah, Grenache Noir, Mouvedre

Region: Costieres de Nimes, Rhone, France

Wednesday's answer:  I think we may have knocked some of you off of your game by posting yesterday's picture of The Barber of Serville when we did. Monday had a couple of guesses that were pointing that way and as I posted this one yesterday I was thinking that it might get confusing and for once I may have been right. Anyway, A bunch of people "like" the photo and I agree. Renzo really did a good job with that one. I love the kids Barber chair and even though I have never sat in it, there is a real feel of americana when I look at it. Fairfield is a great, diverse town with lots to see and we'll look at a lot more of it in the coming weeks. One comment yesterday came from Mark (I have no knowledge of barbers) Beyerly but as he said Monday, he and barbers aren't very familiar. Lets see if today is different for him and the rest of you. Please help us to get this out there by "sharing" and "liking" the posts on Facebook.

On a side note: I was contacted by someone that would like to do an article on this whole promotion which sounds like fun. We're not sure of all the details but we'll let you know more as things develope.

No comments:

Post a Comment