Tuesday, August 23, 2011

QR Code but this time you can win something


I've been talking about these QR Codes for the better part of the summer and this week we came across this one in a case of Mionetto Sergio that came in. One of our guys has an iphone with the reader on it so I asked him to scan it to see what it could tell us. He did and it took him to a site where they are running a contest where the winners get these Prizes: One (1) Illy Espresso machine. Approximate Retail Value ("ARV"): $400. One (1) OXO Kitchen Set. ARV: $99.99. One (1) OXO Barware Set. ARV: $99.99. One (1) OXO Wine Sleeve. ARV: $24.99. One (1) OXO Wine Rack. ARV: $19.99. Twenty-five (5) Wine Stoppers. ARV: $6.99 each.
The contest ends August 31, 2011. Drawing is on September 15th.

Just putting it out there, we aren't getting anything out of it and although I like the Sergio Prosecco, I don't have anything to do with the contest. It only takes a couple of minutes if you feel like getting in it. These QR codes are popping up everywhere I guess it is time to upgrade my old cellphone and join the modern age. Funny, it wasn't so long ago that I got my first cellphone and now it seems like if you don't upgrade about every 6 months or so you fall behind pretty quickly. Hard to believe how fast technology is moving now.

-Patrick

No comments:

Post a Comment