Friday, January 25, 2013

Some not so Stoopid thoughts on a hopped up beer

Lagunitas Hop Stoopid  $4.99 22oz
8% abv

An India Pale Ale (IPA) that packs a punch of that beautiful bitterness with every sip. This “Hop-Head’s” delight is a great West Coast IPA that has distinct citrus and orange peel in the nose, accompanied by some sweetness to balance the beer. Once it hits your palate, the drinker experiences a burst of hops with the same characteristics as on the nose. Another success from Lagunitas!

This is my first official blog post for Harry’s. Patrick asked me to choose a beer that I really liked and put down my thoughts about it.

Here goes…

As an India Pale Ale (IPA) fan, I was really excited to try this beer. The more bitter the beer, the better. After the beer was poured into the glass and I got my first chance to smell it I was even more intrigued to get my first sip. The smell of the grapefruit and other citrus with fresh hops is a scent that I wish I could fill my house with.
The first sip gave me the punch of hops at the front of my palate that I have come to cherish. As the beer flowed from the front of my tongue to the back, I was given a smooth transition from bitterness and tropical fruits, to a nice sweetness from the malt, and back to that hoppy dry finish. While the next sips did not have quite the same intensity as the first, the flavors stayed consistent and made for an enjoyable beer from start to finish. This “Hop-Head’s” delight is just another example of a successful beer put out by Laguinitas.

Cheers!

Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment